- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked Kielbasa sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- 8 ounces penne pasta or any favorite pasta [uncooked]
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded colby and monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, peas and pasta; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add 1/2 cup of cheese and stir until all melted and well blended top with remainder of the cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.or longer to thicken sauce.
This would be such an easy recipe, even for my non cookers out there ;}
Live, Laugh And Love,