Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sausage, Cabbage and Potatoes



This dish is my comfort dish! I grew up with my daddy making this all the time. (As well as gizzards and oxtail soup) :) So I thought it was a staple in everyone's home. Well I guess I was wrong! When ever I talk about it or share it on Facebook everyone is very confused lol I honestly don't think I would make this from just seeing this recipe online, but let me tell you, YOU MUST TRY IT! Just once, I swear you will love it!  And don't say "I'm not a cabbage fan" because I don't want to hear it, YOU WILL LOVE IT! < yes, I am yelling at you in all caps! lol :) Only because I care about you and I don't want you to miss out on a fabulous dish! :) So this is super cheap and super easy as well as most of the dishes I make and share!

Ingrediants:

1 pack Kielbasa sausage (we prefer the hot kind) :)  
Sliced into 1-2 inch pieces 

7 small potatoes (red or Yukon gold is fine)
peeled and diced into bite size

I head of cabbage 
Cut into 6 large chucks then tossed in 

1 box of chicken stock 

Salt, Pepper, and Cayenne to taste 


 
Simply throw all of the ingredients into a crock pot or large pot on the stove top. Fill most of the way with water, until every thing is submerged. Cook until potatoes are done. About an hour on the stove with a lid on medium to low heat. Crock pot about 4 hours. You really cant over cook it. This is a great fall dish and perfect for a quick meal on a busy evening. You will love it, I promise! Don't make me yell at you again! ;)


Live, Laugh & Love,
~Lana




No comments:

Post a Comment